March 26, 2011

I ♥ 80's Movies

Ever since I watched The Breakfast Club last year, I've been hooked on the late John Hughes' movies. I wanted so badly to buy the I ♥ 80's DVD box set as a Christmas present for myself but I ended up spending the money on books. I remember it had Pretty in Pink and 2 other movies. Oh, what I wouldn't give to live in the 80's! I went crazy the following months after watching The Breakfast Club that I started visiting the local DVD stores in malls and I even tried my luck in ruins (a year long bazaar that sells mainly dvds)where I bought Sixteen Candles and I found a link on livejournal and downloaded Ferris Bueller's Day Off.

I found the movies so funny and adorable that I started looking up movies from 80's and 90's. IMDB got raped by me so much. I ended up watching (and loving) Say Anything...(1989), She's All That (1999), Dead Poets Society (1989), Labyrinth (1986), Beetle Juice (1988)-which I have seen plenty of times when I was a kid but never understood it up until last year- and Clueless (1995). It's so weird cos almost all of these movies were made before I was born; they make me feel like I missed A LOT.

So, imagine my surprise when I saw that HBO's gonna air Pretty in Pink today! Yay. I saw it about 2 weeks ago but the problem was, it was scheduled to air at 6:45 in the morning!

I went to sleep last night even before Earth Hour which was at 8:30. And oh my gosh, I woke up today at 6:20 and I got to watch Pretty in Pink!!


Duckie ♥
I just love this screencap to death!
I was rooting for Duckie and Andie only because their clothes are so cute together haha




Molly made me cry in this scene :(
Duckie's hair! Oooh la la

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for making my interactive diary dreams come true! ♥