June 17, 2011

Drafting Lung

I finally bought a sketchpad today! Yay. I also got myself an 8B pencil and an F pencil. I had the sudden urge to buy a sketchpad because I've been thinking of transferring to the drafting class offered in our school.

Since last year, I've always been envious of the boys (boys had to take drafting while girls took up home economics). We'd pass by their drafting class which sort of looks like a handyman's wet dream and we'd see them all drawing and drilling holes into strips of metal. But just last week, a friend of mine told me that they were being given the chance to choose whether they wanted to stay in drafting or transfer to home economics or journalism. I'm having a really hard time because our teacher hasn't announced anything about the other 2 elective classes and it'd be quite offensive if I go straight up to her and ask if it'd be alright if I transfer to the drafting class.

I really don't know what to do because home economics is sort of growing on me already. Although, my inner fatty sort of died when the teacher told us that we wouldn't be allowed to eat the food that we make since we have to sell them as training to become entrepreneurs. I like my teacher and all because she's young, funny and really really chill. But, I'd look forward more to discussing and learning about shading and drawing for an hour a day than knowing what type of preservatives to use.

For inspiration, here are some works by the amazing Paul Lung. Seriously, he's da bomb!






Wee. He is golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for making my interactive diary dreams come true! ♥