March 3, 2013

Warm Bodies


A zombie who yearns for a better life ends up falling in love—with a human—in this astonishingly original debut novel.

R is a zombie. He has no memories, no identity, and no pulse, but he has dreams. He doesn’t enjoy killing people; he enjoys riding escalators and listening to Frank Sinatra. He is a little different from his fellow Dead.

Not just another zombie novel, Warm Bodies is funny, scary, and deeply moving.


I first heard about Warm Bodies the book while browsing through zombie literature in Goodreads. I remember adding it to my To-Read list because the plot seemed new and very original hehe. I never got the chance and I never bothered to look for the it since it got drowned by my other, more prominent, book cravings.

So I was quite excited when news that it'd be turned into a movie were spread. I got even more excited when I found out Nick Hoult would play the lead hihihi. But then I got submerged in school activities and responsibilities that I missed the first weeks of its premiere here in the Philippines.

But alas, after our failed attempt to watch it yesterday since it was late already, my sister and I rushed to the mall right after lunch and finally got to see Warm Bodies wee. 

WARM BODIES IS AN AMAZING MOVIE HUHU. It made me love zombies even more, if that's possible. I liked their take on what can cure and stop the apocalypse which is love and human interaction. It might be a bit cheesy but the message is so strong and it can be applied even in circumstances that don't involve flesh-eating creatures. It was so nice!!! The acting was so good too. Nick Hoult and his best friend were so adorable and I liked his internal monologues hehe. It was so funny too whenever he'd run and still stay in character, he looked like a very tall and very lanky rag doll. The way the story was woven and was fit in a span of 98 minutes was amazing. Huhu I can't even organize my thoughts properly since my brain keeps on repeating 'it was so nice it was so nice it was so nice it was so nice it was so nice'. 

But while watching, I kept thinking that if an actual zombie outbreak were to take place and a lot of people have seen this film and it turns out the real cure is not affection........we'd have a huge problem on our hands hehehehe. 

Over all, the movie was great and it's now a favorite of mine. It really was love at first bite hehe. My funny bone was tickled, I felt the tension and I was moved by the ending. We should have more zombie movies like Warm Bodies :D



Warm Bodies on IMDB

1 comment:

  1. hey i've watched it yesterday, i love it. And I suggest everyone to watch it as well!!!!!1

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for making my interactive diary dreams come true! ♥