March 11, 2013

Celebrate Art!

It's been quite some time now since I last drew or painted and I kinda miss it already. February was such a toxic month that I did not have the time AT ALL to just sit back and work with my hands. The reason why I'm bringing this up is because I just stumbled upon this video of the 250th anniversary box set from Faber Castell.
 The 250th Anniversary Limited Edition set contains a magnificent assortment of products for a range of creative uses including all 120 colors of POLYCHROMOS® colored pencils and Albrecht Durer® watercolor pencils. Additionally there are POLYCHROMOS® artists pastels, PITT® pastel pencils, Castell 9000® black-lead pencils, PITT®woodless graphite pencils, PITT® compressed charcoal sticks, and much more! Accessories include an eraser, double-hole metal sharpener, watercolor brush, water bowl, and other supplies to enhance the artistic experience.
While watching the video, I was sort of hoping that if they were to be sold here, they'd only cost about P5000 huhu. According to the website, it retails at $1,700 and if you do the math and multiply it by 50 you'll get P85, 000. I think I just heard my wallet cry. I don't think I'd be able to use it too if I were to be mysteriously and anonymously gifted by a secret admirer in the form of the Prince of India or something since  I'd be hesitant to break and sharpen these babies especially since I don't use a sharpener when I sharpen, opting to use a cutter instead hehe. 



This is just one of the many artistic videos that I come across in the internet and never fail to inspire me. This guy is just the baws at what he does, I cannot fathom how he did what he did in the video ugh what is pure talent.




Mark Crilley has got to be one of the most talented artists I have ever known in my entire existence. It's amazing how he can go from drawing anime to boggling everyone with his hyper realistic works. Below is just one of his shindigs wherein he draws an inanimate object right next to the model and absolutely impregnates your mind by blurring the lines between what is real and what is drawn. He also has videos on how to draw and paint thuper duper realistic eyes. I love drawing eyes. He draws nice eyes. Ergo by TPE, I love Mark Crilley!

Mark Crilley
Can I just say that I love art. If art was a person I'd have married him a million times over already and I wouldn't grow tired of him. Hopefully this summer, I could go back to my old ways and just spend my free time drawing away or painting by my window and being gay because of all the feels that I get whenever I work. I hope these have stirred something inside you guys like they did to me :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for making my interactive diary dreams come true! ♥