May 11, 2011

Moving In



We're finally at our new house! Tonight's the second night here yay. We arrived yesterday at 7 in the morning, bleary-eyed and quite cranky. The house is still not finished though, especially my room since the carpenter that was in charge of building my bookshelf got sick because of the rain that I was talking about in my last entry.

Good news! We went grocery shopping yesterday at Shopwise and while my mum was busy with the actual grocery shopping, my sister and I went to National Bookstore. After checking for Deathly Hallows (they didn't have any), we hung out at the paint and sewing section. She went crazy because of the dyes and I because of the paints and blenders! I ended up buying 2 blenders because I didn't know which size to buy and a 2 1/2 HB pencil. Haha I'm such a geek. My sister bought some Martha Stewart-y stuff, our own copy of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince and a copy of The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins! Long story short, I stayed up until 4 in the morning to finish The Hunger Games! I kept on drifting in and out of consciousness because I wasn't used to sleeping with only the electric fan as the source of cool air. I woke up at noon and spent the rest of the day reading Heart on a Chain by Cindy C. Bennett -a book from my light summer reads list. After finishing the book, I got so bored that I fell asleep until dinnertime!

All in all, it's been good here in our new house. It's not creepy and living here doesn't make me feel like I'm in a horror movie, which is obviously a good thing. I can't wait 'til they deliver my bookshelf and finally start unpacking my books! It just doesn't feel like my room without stacks of books all over the place. I know, spoken like a true nerd haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for making my interactive diary dreams come true! ♥