June 15, 2012

Grimace (Purple Guy From McDonald's) Cookie Recipe




Beware for I'm gonna be Martha Stewart-ing on you guys...anyhoo, I just recently downloaded a recipe app called Big Oven (which has a website, wee) on my phone and it has made baking a breeze for me. This year's Independence day has got me slaving away in the kitchen for some holiday cookies! I just wanted to share this recipe with you guys since it was so difference from what I was used to and it felt like I earned a badge for trying something new in my alternate baking universe. 

Before I go on with the recipe, can I just say that working with this kind of dough is such a pain! It was like a very stubborn chunk of play doh, it's a good thing it tasted good though or else...

INGREDIENTS

Dough
→ 1 cup butter; room temperature
→ 3/4 cup cornstarch; unsifted 
→ 1/3 cup powdered sugar
→ 1 cup all purpose flour

Cream Cheese Icing
→ 1 3-oz package cream cheese; softened
→ 1 cup powdered sugar
→ 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
→ food coloring of your choice


PROCEDURE

Beat butter at low speed until creamy. Slowly add cornstarch and powdered sugar. Turn speed to medium high and beat until fluffy. With wooden spoon, stir in the flour. Dough should be quite soft. Cover and chill for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Or, prepare dough the day before, cover and refrigerate, remove from refrigerator 1 hour before shaping cookies.
Prepare Cream Cheese Icing. Roll dough into 24 1 inch balls. Place 1 1/2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. With finger, press a slight indentation on the top of each cookie. Bake at 350F for 10-12 minutes until cookies feel firm but are not browned. Cool. Top each cookie with spoonful of icing. Garnish with sliced almond if desired.
Cream Cheese Icing: Blend cream cheese with powdered sugar until creamy and smooth. Mixture will seem stiff, but will liquefy as it is beaten. Mix in vanilla and add a few drops of red or green or blue or yellow or violet food coloring. Mix well.

2 comments:

  1. AnonymousJune 15, 2012

    pretty color!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patrick JunioJuly 03, 2012

    I'd make those :)) thanks for posting :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for making my interactive diary dreams come true! ♥